Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mystery Readers and a Freebie!!

Why, hello everyone!!  You would think that because I am on winter break, that I would be enjoying my time away from work....yet here I am thinking and thinking about work at home.  So I've been on the computer, updating a few files for the past few days and oh my, am I lacking in a bit of sleep because of it, lol.

Anywhoo, one of my favorite things that I have enjoyed doing in my classroom is having a 'Mystery Reader!'  Have you heard of it, have you tried it, or would like to try it next year in 2014?  Well if you haven't, let me tell you a bit more about it.  
I learned about it 5 years ago as I was doing what I am doing now...browsing the internet.  It's a fun way to get parent involvement into your classroom and plus it's quite a thrill...well for the students of course.;) Especially for those students who get to find out that the mystery reader is someone that they know! 

Here are a few pictures of some families who volunteered to be a 'Mystery Reader' for our class and I just had to take some snap shots of them in action to put in their child's memory book.
Well of course I had to update some of my files, make it look more cute and add a few more things that I've been wanting to add to it.  I'm planning to send out the parent letter when we return back to school after winter break so that we can begin our 'Mystery Reader' journey, heehee.

Here are a few snap shots of what I've included in my  'Mystery Reader' packet that you can find at my TpT store.  
I made a mystery reader schedule for each month, this will help me keep it organized!
I've made a coloring page for my kindergartners to color and give the mystery reader as a special thank you for stopping by!
Can't wait to print this door poster to put on my door, so that our guest will knock before opening the door to give us some time to get ready!
We have been making a 'Student of the Week' book for all of our friends who have been selected to be the 'Owl of the Week.'  I thought, why not make a book for our 'Mystery Reader' too!  I made two different templates, one that will be super easy for my kiddos to use and an advanced one for those who know how to write.
Of course we have to have a class book!  Can't go wrong with having one!!  We have been trying to make a class book each month to add to our library center.  I think this one will be a big hit!:)
There is much more in the packet, if you are interested please make sure to stop by my TpT store.  I have it on sale and marked down 20% from Dec. 29-Dec. 31st.  I hope you like them as much as I do!  Here is a freebie just for you!  Click here to get the coloring pages.  Enjoy!:)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Having mystery readers brings excitement into the classroom for the students. Have a terrific day!:)

      Delete
  2. What a cool idea! It would be fun to invite a "mystery reader" into the classroom. :) What a cute set to use to go along with it!!!! :D Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    Jacque
    www.mommyandmecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacque, you should try it this year! It's so much fun!:)

      Delete