Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Five for Friday (Linky Party.. Oh Yeah)

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday, Yeah!

Our Donors Choose project for our writing center got funded and the materials just arrived!!!  This has been an amazing year with Donors Choose, we are so lucky to have been able to get 2 projects funded for this school year!  We are truly blessed and appreciate it all the love, support, and donations!
My husband's chair that he 'HAD' to have arrived this Wednesday.  I'm not feeling it but he he keeps raving that this is the chair to have.  I'll just smile and say nothing else for this one, as long as he's happy.....lol
This little manzanita centerpiece was one of my DIY projects 3 summers ago when I was trying to figure out what type of centerpieces I wanted for our wedding.  I never did end up using it, but I LOVE my manzanita tree.  I change it up and decorate it every month, just for fun.  Can you see the small heart clips?;)
I made these shapes posters in the summer, but never did have time to complete the whole packet...I was finally able to sit down and finish it up this week.  My kiddos are going to be so excited to learn and review more shapes!
Finally my stairway wall is complete, I found the last piece for my decor at Hobby Lobby.  Hobby Lobby is my most favorite place to look for decorations for the house and also crafts for my classroom!  Now if only I could get the rest of the house looking amazing.  There is so much that I want...lol.  

Well I hope everyone had an amazing week!!  Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You got a lot of wonderful items from your Donors Choose Project! I really need to do this! I am curious...do most of your projects get funded by strangers or by people you know that donate to your cause?? Do you tell your students' parents about the project in hopes they will donate? I would love to know more! Love your wall! And, I love Hobby Lobby, too! So fun!

    Have a great week!
    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth!!

      I really recommend trying it, it's worth it! My first 2 projects were funded by friends and random donators that found my project on Donors Choose. The last 2 projects were funded by friends and the students' families. I let the families know through Reminder 101, a letter, and even an email. Just to get the word out for donations. Let me know if you have any other questions about Donors Choose, I'm here for you if you need any help in getting started!:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress, hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete