Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Snowman and Penguin Fun (Freebie)

We had s-n-o-w much fun learning about winter and how to build a snowman.  Here are a few pictures of what we did in January.  We made a snowman using shivery snow paint.  I got the recipe from 'Growing A Jewled Rose.'
The students wrote about their snowman in the writing center using a circle map that we made to describe our snowmen.
We made a snowman to see how many letters are in our name.  
To help us visualize how to build a snowman, we used Crayola Model Magic to build one of our own.
For this month's family project the students decorated a snowman with their families.  My kiddos love to use the microphone to share their family projects.
This week we learned about penguins and listened to many different non-fiction books to learn more about them.  We made a bubble map to describe a penguin.  If you look closely, I accidentally wrote Mrs. Penguin Solis...lol.  One of my students distracted me while I was writing my name and wrote penguin...they thought it was sooo funny.
I used the thinking maps from Kindergarten Smiles 'Penguin Unit.'  So cute!
We made a penguin and then wrote some fun facts that we learned about penguins!
This is a sneak peak of our bulletin board that we made using our penguins and snowmen.  I think the kids are going to love seeing their artwork on Monday!
And last but not least, we did a countdown for the New Year!
Here is a freebie for you just for being a follower.  
Click on the image to download the 'I Spy These Sight Words.'  Super easy to use in a center and the kids love to use a magnifying glass to find the hidden words. Hope you enjoy using this as much as my kiddos do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment